It seems everyone writes about things to be thankful for this time of year. Yet, it seems we do need to stop and count the many wonderful things in our lives and this is a great time of year to do it. I have really tried this year to daily count the many remarkable things God has brought into my life. I won’t comment much on these but here are a few things that have made this a wonderful year for me.
1. A great church: Sooner Park Wesleyan church under the leadership of Pastor Greg McNall has enriched my family tremendously. Have you ever found that church where you feel like you’re just in the right spot? Well…this is the place.
2. Friends: I actually get to work everyday with my friends doing meaningful work I love. Who could ask for more.
3. A wonderful community: I can’t think of a place where I could enjoy life more than Bartlesville, Oklahoma. It’s just good for your health.
4. Good health: I thank God each day I run that I have the strength to do it. As simple as that sounds, I know there are many who would give anything just to be able to go for a run.
5. A wonderful family: Tonight I watched my kids eat popcorn at the movies and just have a great time. It won’t be long before they will be off to college and this chapter of my life will end. I’m thankful for these moments.
6. A wife who really loves me: I was thinking tonight about Cheri who has stood with me for 23 years. I have watched her teach our children, cook more meals than I could count, herd horses, cows, goats, and chickens in freezing temps and sweltering heat, kill snakes and scorpions, and just laugh and enjoy life more than anyone I know. I couldn’t ask for more.
So you see, I’m blessed. This is a wonderful Thanksgiving. How does that old hymn of the church go…”count your blessing name them one by one”. Are you counting?